abb e norm fake@domain. // User Search

1  |

Aw_Avatar_Computer_ID

Jul 27, 2003, 9:17am
Or you could manually type in a new "Network address" in the properties for the network interface card.

"joeman" <joeman at bootdown.com> skrev i meddelandet news:3f23b37e$1 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> Without modification to software, this would require buying a new network
> card ;). I don't think the average person has millions to spend on new
> network cards to get around bans.
>
> -Joe

[View Quote]

Aw_Avatar_Computer_ID

Jul 27, 2003, 12:53pm
You're mixing up the MAC address and the IP address now. The MAC address is only used to
uniquely identify a network adapter on a LAN.

"bowen" <Bowen at andras.net> skrev i meddelandet news:3f23e313$2 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

Aw_Avatar_Computer_ID

Jul 27, 2003, 12:58pm
oops, apparently some ISP's require you to register and always use a certain MAC address but
none of the ones I've used here in Sweden (a lot) require you to do that.

"abb e norm" <fake at domain.> skrev i meddelandet news:3f23e773 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> You're mixing up the MAC address and the IP address now. The MAC address is only used to
> uniquely identify a network adapter on a LAN.

Aw_Avatar_Computer_ID

Jul 27, 2003, 5:29pm
Setting a permanent IP is done in the TCP/IP settings. I clearly stated that I was talking about the
network interface card properties.

"bowen" <Bowen at andras.net> skrev i meddelandet news:3f23f9dd$2 at server1.Activeworlds.com...
[View Quote]

Aw_Avatar_Computer_ID

Jul 27, 2003, 7:22pm
> I don't see "Network Address" anywhere under TCP/IP's configs for any
> device that connects to any network service. Unless you meant "IP
> address" instead of "Network Address." That reasonably makes more sense
> than "Machine Address Code."

As I said, it's in the NIC properties and not in the TCP/IP properties.

> But, you have to be more clear. You can't "set" a MAC address through
> any reasonable means last I checked. NIC are just fancy acronym for
> ethernet cards, and their configurations through TCP is just the same as
> any other device (modems for instance).

It's very easy in Windows 2000 (or newer) provided that the NIC driver supports it.

> Maybe I missed the option that let me set it's network address though. :(

Bring up the list of hardware, expand the "Network cards" branch select properties on the NIC,
click on the "Advanced" tab. There you should be able to set the "Network address".

Citizenship Disabled

Aug 7, 2003, 5:05pm
"john" <john at 3d-reality.com> skrev i meddelandet news:3f329f5d at server1.Activeworlds.com...
> My citizenship and my 3 worlds were today disabled after previously flying &
> shifting in AWRPG (not a crack, hack or anything, just expoliting a bug that
> AW have left in their system). This is unjust as I have not atcually done
> anything against the rules.

And this "bug" doesn't involve memory patching?

> Any suggestions? I've emailed btw.

Uh... just have to wait and hope that they change their mind then...