facter // User Search

1  ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  |

Is this really a moderated newsgroup?

Feb 11, 2001, 9:28pm
Sure, no problems, I'll post the charter for you monthly.

Facter
AW Support.

[View Quote]

I was ejected from AWGate for NO REASON

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C09457.3DE72D00

A simple check of world logs can show exactly who was ejected, and by =
who. I'll see if Flagg can look into the whole thing tomorrow.

I think that here, there has been some misleading and possibly falsified =
information - but that also, I have no idea.

I am, if you IA or anyone else cares to look into it, a member of Pink =
Village - and have been for about three years now - issues like this are =
always important to be looked at sometimes, and made sure that =
discrimination and such are never carried out by anyone given the =
priviledges in awci worlds.

The GK's do a good job, but that doesnt always mean that things like =
that dont happen - if they do, then action is taken pretty quickly, and =
GK/PK's that abuse their privs are dealt with effectively. But Nornny? =
Acting like that? I dont know *shrug*

The whole situation is very strange - dont worry, the world logs will =
show what happened. I would say to just calm down, and I think it will =
be passed to Flagg to look into, if he hasnt already.

Facter.
AW Support

[View Quote] Immigration Officer: Welcome to the Gateway to Active Worlds!

[Customs Aide]: Welcome, Internal Affairs. For the Conduct Guidelines =
please say World Rules or see http://www.activeworlds.com/conduct.html

[StockQuoteBot]: Hi Internal Affairs. Ask me for stock quotes! Whisper =
HELP or 0:symbol to me, e.g., whisper 0:MSFT :-)

Internal Affairs: Hello

CeeCee: America has tons of building objects BUT their lots are very =
small

Internal Affairs: Good day to you all

CeeCee: Hiyas Internal Affairs

A Citizen: hi internal affairs

Internal Affairs: hello ceecee

SMOKE JUMPER1: hi internal

cabLecar gaL: hiya IA

Internal Affairs: Have you read the newsgroups yet?

Internal Affairs: About the "situtation"?

cabLecar gaL: sorry I can't say I have IA

Internal Affairs: Very well...

Internal Affairs: Where did VindicatorIII go?

cabLecar gaL: he is brb for a bit

cabLecar gaL: he will be back

CeeCee: Don't know IA he said brb and he hasen't come back yet

Internal Affairs: Very strange

Internal Affairs: Did he sign off?

cabLecar gaL: no IA

Internal Affairs: Is there a need for concern?

cabLecar gaL: nope IA he is still here

Internal Affairs: I se

Internal Affairs: err see excuse me

cabLecar gaL: hun I have not read it so I donm't know

Optimus Prime: Hello everyone :-))

Internal Affairs: hello OP

Internal Affairs: Good Afternoon OP

"xxsandmanxx": Hi Op.

CeeCee: (((((((((((( OP )))))))))

SMOKE JUMPER1: hi optimus

VindicatorIII: back

Optimus Prime: hello all It is once again time For Prime Time

Internal Affairs: Hello VindicatorIII

VindicatorIII: To FLY in AW, use the Plus (+) and Minus (-) keys on =
your numeric keypad. Plus to go UP and Minus to come back DOWN again.

Internal Affairs: Spreading some welcome back macros ehy lol?

CeeCee: lol IA

VindicatorIII: You are now warned

Internal Affairs: why what did I do???

Immigration Officer: You have been ejected from awgate

After being ejected, I had no idea why. I didn't break ANY guidelines, =
so I telegramed VindicatorIII and here is what she said in response:

Telegram from VindicatorIII, sent 8 minutes ago:=20

This is the only message you will get tonight. Your IP address and the =
full chat log and copies of your telegrams have been passed to AW. I =
intend to have your Citizenship cancelled

I told her that I would report her for misconduct, and this is what =
she said back to me:

Telegram from VindicatorIII, sent 6 minutes ago:=20

You go right ahead.

Telegramming her again resulted in no such luck. I, honestly, have no =
idea why this had to happen. It could be something with what happened =
yesterday in the gate with Craig, but I am not sure. I am very =
disappointed in the current GK program. If this kind of behavior keeps =
up, I can guarantee you they won't be seeing another $20 for my renewal =
next year, nor any referrals from other tourists from registering. They =
really need better screening and more careful monitoring of your GKs.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C09457.3DE72D00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV>A simple check of world logs can show exactly who was ejected, and =
by who.=20
I'll see if Flagg can look into the whole thing tomorrow.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I think that here, there has been some misleading and possibly =
falsified=20
information - but that also, I have no idea.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am, if&nbsp;you IA or anyone else&nbsp;cares to look into it, a =
member of=20
Pink Village - and have been for about three years now - issues like =
this are=20
always important to be looked at sometimes, and made sure that =
discrimination=20
and such are never carried out by anyone given the priviledges in awci=20
worlds.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The GK's do a good job, but that doesnt =
always mean=20
that things like that dont happen&nbsp;- if they do, then action is =
taken pretty=20
quickly, and GK/PK's that abuse their privs are dealt with effectively. =
But=20
Nornny? Acting like that? I dont know *shrug*</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The whole situation is very strange - =
dont worry,=20
the world logs will show what happened. I would say to just calm down, =
and I=20
think it will be passed to Flagg to look into, if he hasnt =
already.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Facter.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>AW Support</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>"internal affairs" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ji0414 at starlinx.com">ji0414 at starlinx.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
<A=20
href=3D"news:3a8712ef at server1.Activeworlds.com">news:3a8712ef at server1.Act=
iveworlds.com</A>...</DIV></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am very confused right now, but I =
was just=20
ejected from AWGate for simply saying nothing more than a "hello". I =
am=20
assuming this was motivated by what it says on the newsgroups about =
GK's=20
ejecting other gays, but I am not sure. This is the chat log as =
follows=20
explaining what happened EXACTLY: (Note: The only thing edited was =
what some=20
newbie tourists said that didn't relate to anything going. There was =
NOTHING=20
else edited)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIR>
<DIR>
<DIR>
<DIR>
<DIR><FONT color=3D#238e23 size=3D1>
<P>Immigration Officer: Welcome to the Gateway to Active=20
Worlds!</P></FONT><I><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D1>
<P>[Customs Aide]: Welcome, Internal Affairs. For the Conduct =
Guidelines=20
please say World Rules or see=20
<U>http://www.activeworlds.com/conduct.html</P></U></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#0000ff size=3D1>
<P>[StockQuoteBot]: Hi Internal Affairs. Ask me for stock quotes! =
Whisper HELP=20
or 0:symbol to me, e.g., whisper 0:MSFT :-)</I></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#707070 size=3D1></P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: Hello</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>CeeCee: America has tons of building objects BUT their lots are =
very=20
small</P></B></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: Good day to you all</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P><B>CeeCee: Hiyas Internal Affairs</P></B>
<P>A Citizen: hi internal affairs</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: hello ceecee</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D1>
<P>SMOKE JUMPER1: hi internal</P>
<P>cabLecar gaL: hiya IA</P></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal Affairs: Have =
you read the=20
newsgroups yet?</FONT><B><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D1></P></B>
<P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal =
Affairs: About the=20
"situtation"?</P></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>cabLecar gaL: sorry I =
can't say I=20
have IA</P></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal Affairs: Very=20
well...</P></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal Affairs: Where =
did=20
VindicatorIII go?</P></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>cabLecar gaL: he is brb =
for a bit</P>
<P>cabLecar gaL: he will be back</P><B>
<P>CeeCee: Don't know IA he said brb and he hasen't come back=20
yet</P></B></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: Very strange</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: Did he sign off?</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D1>
<P>cabLecar gaL: no IA</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: Is there a need for concern?</P></FONT><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>cabLecar gaL: nope IA he is still here</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =

color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: I se</P>
<P>Internal Affairs: err see excuse me</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>cabLecar gaL: hun I have not read it so I donm't know</P><B>
<P>Optimus Prime: Hello everyone :-))</P></B></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =

color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>Internal Affairs: hello OP</P></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal Affairs: Good =
Afternoon=20
OP</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#707070 size=3D1>
<P>"xxsandmanxx": Hi Op.</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P>CeeCee: (((((((((((( OP )))))))))</P></B>
<P>SMOKE JUMPER1: hi optimus</FONT><B><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D1></P></B>
<P><B>VindicatorIII: back</P></B>
<P><B>Optimus Prime: hello all It is once again time For Prime =
Time</P>
<P></B></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal =
Affairs: Hello=20
VindicatorIII</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D1>
<P>VindicatorIII: To FLY in AW, use the Plus (+) and Minus (-) keys on =
your=20
numeric keypad. Plus to go UP and Minus to come back DOWN=20
again.</P></B></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal Affairs: =
Spreading some=20
welcome back macros ehy lol?</FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000=20
size=3D1></P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>
<P><STRONG>CeeCee: lol IA</STRONG></P>
<P></FONT><I><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D1>VindicatorIII: You are now=20
warned</P></I></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D1>Internal Affairs: why =
what did I=20
do???</FONT><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#707070=20
size=3D1></P></DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR></DIR></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#238e23=20
size=3D1>
<P>Immigration Officer: You have been ejected from awgate</P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>After being ejected, I had no idea =
why. I didn't=20
break ANY guidelines,&nbsp;so I telegramed VindicatorIII and here is =
what she=20
said in response:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#ff2400 size=3D1>Telegram from VindicatorIII, sent 8 =
minutes ago:=20
</P>
<P>This is the only message you will get tonight. Your IP address and =
the full=20
chat log and copies of your telegrams have been passed to AW. I intend =
to have=20
your Citizenship cancelled</P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I&nbsp;told her that I would report =
her for=20
misconduct, and this is what she said back to me:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#ff2400 size=3D1>Telegram from VindicatorIII, =
sent&nbsp;6 minutes=20
ago: </P>
<P>You go right ahead.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Telegramming her again resulted in =
no such luck.=20
I,&nbsp;honestly, have no idea why this&nbsp;had to happen. It could =
be=20
something with what happened yesterday in the&nbsp;gate with Craig, =
but I=20
am&nbsp;not sure.&nbsp;I am very disappointed in the current GK =
program. If=20
this kind of behavior keeps up,&nbsp;I can guarantee you =
they&nbsp;won't be=20
seeing another $20 for my renewal next year, nor any referrals from =
other=20
tourists from registering.&nbsp;They really need better screening and =
more=20
careful monitoring of your GKs.=20
</FONT></P></FONT></FONT></DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C09457.3DE72D00--

>=|

Feb 12, 2001, 12:26am
> For that person, the one about the GK ejecting him for being gay, you
> DON'T have to ask if you aloud to be there because your gay, because in
> America that's called discrimination. And, if ActiveWorlds, Inc says other
> wise, sue them. If a GK says otherwise, you are still entitled to sue AW,
> Inc. because they are part of the AW, Inc. staff, volunteers or not.
> Also, the PKs Peacekeepers), GKs (Gatekeepers), and other AW Staff
could
> do a better job of taking suggestions and being a little more humane. I
> mean, just look at this news group. *Sigh*

Err...I'm not sure you read my last post ???

I'm certainly taking an active part in these newsgroups now - stumbling at
first I admit, but trying and taking part all the same.

I suggest you read my last post - trust me, this issue has already made the
rounds and is being looked into by various members of staff here -
discrimination of *any* kind will never be tolerated, and also states such
in our charter and world rules.

If any on of the GK volunteers are ever found to be in error in this kind of
a circumstance, then I doa ssure everyone that steps will be taken - but,a s
I said before, it seems there is some ambiguity in the information. I dont
know, I'm not investigating it - I'm just telling you that it is being done.

We do try to make sure that things like this dont happens you know =P

Facter
AW Support.

FYI Weekend discrimination issue.

Feb 13, 2001, 2:44am
[View Quote] That statement there refers to your subsequent ejection - not your friends.

As I said before, the situation is resolved, and it has been amicably ended,
I really dont think it needs to be dragged out into something its not - and
it is not a case of discrimination from all accounts, several staff members
here have investigated it, and the facts have been confirmed as to what
happened.

Case closed. Let it lie my friend, there are no bigots here - as a firm,
personal supporter of gay civil rights, I'll tell you right now that as
long as I have any influence in investigating this kind of thing, then it
will be pursued to the fullest.

Please do not feel humiliated in any way, there was an error, you have
atoned, you have told your side of the story, and indeed posted the letter
that you wrote to the GK's to this, a public newsgroup. A very mature, and
reasonable response.

Also, you are to be commended for standing up to what you believed in in the
first place - and that was that you believed that someone was discriminated
against by another individual, merely for their sexual orientation. It is
not fault of yours that you were mis-lead, and that kind of thing can happen
to anyone - as anyone else here, will also tell you.

For standing up like that, you have my respect completely - and I am sure I
speak for almost everyone else here in this newsgroup in that.

Take care

Facter
AW Support.

> "To whom it may concern,
>
> Like I stated above, I am sorry about what happened on the 10th of
> February. I told my friend awhile ago about AW and he sounded very
> interested so he gave it a try. This is the same friend who used the name
"I
> love Craig" in AWGate that day. I have known him for about 3 years now
which
> is when we both began at the high school so we were pretty good friends up
> until this point. He also happens to be gay in real life and he is very
open
> about it. On Saturday, which is when this all occurred, according to the
> logs, my friend entered the gate and asked if it was alright if gays were
> allowed to chat there. He was then ejected for what ever reason. Being
very
> upset over this, he e-mailed me what I thought were the real chat logs and
> asked if I could help him out. Being the good friend to him that I always
> have been in the past, and since he obviously couldn't post to the
> newsgroups since he was just a tourist, I though I could help him out by
> posting the logs on there for him. Little did I know that these logs were
> intentionally altered to make it sound like the gatekeepers were the real
> bad guys. The only thing in the e-mail he told me he edited were the
> comments made by other tourists that didn't relate to the subject at all.
> am very mad at him right now for what he did to my reputation. I haven't
> talked to him since and I don't intend to anymore in the future.
> Again, I am very sorry about all this. I was just trying to help my
> friend out by doing what I thought was the right thing. Next time, I will
> think second about helping out any of my friends online. I am sorry for
> creating such an uproar in the community lately and wish I can help you
out
> in some other way to make up for it. If there is anything you need, please
> don't hesitate to telegram me on AW.
> Thanks.
>
> -Internal Affairs"

Oh the complexities!

Feb 12, 2001, 9:51pm
> and editing the chat logs to add to the "evidence." What's next? Making
> conspiracy theories about AW's staff? :\

Already been done =)

Facter
AW Support

Oh the complexities!

Feb 13, 2001, 2:35am
[View Quote] I have absolutly *no* what you are talking about here - I was talking about
the general attitude of citizens to think that aw employees have "hidden
agenda's" and that the whole way they operate is via conspiracy - no need to
be so sensitive - it was a joke, and you never even entered my mind
whatsoever.

Most people that know me, realise that I have a very sarcastic sense of
humour - there is no need to attribute a small joke to yourself, it was
meant to be rather funny actually. Again, I wasnt even in the slightest
refering to you, the situation that you were involved in, or anything of
that matter. You really, need to lighten up a little okay? =)

I was making a joke on the silliness of some attitudes, in order to lighten
things up in here - obviously, aw.com employees are incapable of making
jokes as well as being involved with the Illuminati.

*sigh*

Facter
AW Support

First impressions

Feb 13, 2001, 11:33pm
[View Quote] Since January? Hard drives should be defragmented a *minimum* of at least
once per week - especially if they are larger hard drives. I myself defrag
mine every three days on an automatic defrag. You should also scandisk your
computer at least once a week.

Give it a good defrag and see how it goes.

F.

> --
> Wing
> This little spot is dedicated to my girl, Jessie.
> She paints her nails, and she dont know, he's got her best friend on the
> phone,
> She'll wash her hair, his dirty clothes, for all he gives to her. And he's
> got posters on the wall
> Of all the girls he wish she was, and he means everything to her. Her
> boyfriend, he dont know,
> Anything, about her... She's just the flavor of the week.
> AW Citizen 305004 "Wing"
> bathgate at prodigy.net
> eyemwing at teleport.com
> ICQ #101207433
[View Quote]

(3.1) Move/Rotate Command enhancement (With examples)

Apr 4, 2003, 2:47am

> Anyways... it is on the list but not simple

*whispers into Ricks ear - psst, custom avatars...psst.. The
List...psst...curtom avatars....psst..been waiting for
years...psst...psst...psst*

hehehehehe

F.

help please:)

Feb 15, 2001, 1:46am
[View Quote] Unfortunatly, I dont think you can "turn" an object like that, the move
function jsut does not support it.

As far as I know - someone else might of experimented with something...

F.

X Releases

Feb 15, 2001, 9:51pm
[View Quote] Facter
AW Support.
Activeworlds.com
support at activeworlds.com

X Releases

Feb 15, 2001, 10:01pm
Just a run down

There are some problems, I believe they are associated to the case-sensitive
nature of some ISP's and the fact that the objects are on a Solaris machine.
I'll have to go thorugh tomorrow morning and fix them all up by hand.

The other thing, is I made a typo on the mars avatars - my apologies, it
will be fixed first thing in the morning.

Pollen is now open for building - with all of its flaws =)

F.

[View Quote]

AW's newest competitor

Feb 20, 2001, 4:41am
[View Quote] Which, IMHO, is actually good - competition is healthy - it shows that there
is actually a *need* out there for 3D interactive worlds.

Run, Facter, Run

The opinions expressed here are the opinions of "facter", and do not
represent those of Activeworlds.com

[View Quote]

What Do You Call the Universes Collectively?

Feb 20, 2001, 4:38am
multiverse ?

F.

[View Quote]

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it

Feb 20, 2001, 9:53pm
ugh guys, for some reason, nothing I posted from work today came through - I
wont go over it again, but will make sure they send in the morning - wait
til you read the posts, nothing is being changed at the moment =)

Facter.

[View Quote]

Facter, your mission if you choose to accept it

Sure, there are problems with alot of objects, in alot of worlds - I'm sure
that cubed (I think thats it name) also has its share of problem objects
eep, *every* world does. I think perhaps you strive too much for perfection,
when you must realise that this stuff is built by humans, and sometimes have
human error, also, alot of the objects were built a long, long time ago, and
things have advanced alot since then in terms of graphics. Remember also,
there are limited people at the company, and limited things we can all do -
we dont have a million man hours every day to do every single thing. I
actually do all of this stuff in some of the free time that I do have - I
spend most of my day doing my actual tech support, because there is a huge
user base out there, and let me tell you it is a large task keeping
everything running smoothly for the users. Also, we have alot of things
going on here, and over the next few months you will find out what some of
our bigger projects are, and they will benefit everybody - believe me when I
say you will all be pleasantly surprised by some of the things in the works
this year.

But, I *am* doing what *I* can, and, I cannot see the harm in asking the
community for input on these issues - thats what everyone wanted isnt it ?
So, I ask, I find out, I get myself up to speed on what are the concerns,
and I try to do something about them - no need to complain so much, at least
there is someone doing something about the outstanding issues, its just
going to take me some time - Alphaworld wasnt built in a day you know....

F.

Any advice? I paid for my world renewal and it still isn't up

Lol...grey hair at 25? God I hope not =)

Good idea though...

F.

Any advice? I paid for my world renewal and it still isn't up

Trust me man, we *are* trying to implement better ways of doing this stuff.
Havnt you noticed the stuff we implemented with trial worlds already ?
Probably not - sign up for a trial world, it gets created, built and started
within ten seconds of the request. You can request, then go log straight
into your trial world.

We are trying to do more of these automated kinds of things, they are just
taking time to roll out - but, they are coming. The new world server really
helps.

Facter.

Any advice? I paid for my world renewal and it still isn't up

Mar 3, 2001, 12:19am
[View Quote] ...thats okay russ, i think you sound pretty lame sometimes too, so i guess
we are even =)

run, facter, run.....

> Try not to defend incompetency in a company that is on the friggin NASDAQ
(or
> however ya spell that) and has been in business for years huh. :)
>
> Nothin personal, it's just how yer comin off to me. As I say, I wasn't
> criticizing you personally, but now I suppose I am in another way heehee.
>
> Like Eep saying "well they aren't making any money..." look, it's a
BUSINESS.
> It's PUBLIC COMPANY. So it's subject to real criticism, can't act like
it's
> just some kids who are putting on a show in the barn. In fact, when it
*was*
> effectively some kids putting on a show in the barn, the people who were
in
> charge of the barn managed to put on a better front. But then, they were
> *trained* assholes, having Ivy League degrees and all that. (Talkinabout
> Worlds, Inc. They didn't actually have much to do with AW besides
providing the
> bandwidth and salaries, and getting investment money and such but they
talked
> the talk anyway. And they weren't charging for the service at all, nor
were
> they a public company, so the rules were different.)

[View Quote]

Stupid newbie tricks

Exactly - it *is* laughable, but, do you know how many newbie I get every
week who are tricked into something like that?

You can say it a hundred times, you can post it, put it in helpfiles, and
everything, but people still get deceived.....so I ahd to put something
right in peoples faces - dealing with people that are "hacked" is one of the
parts of the job that I really dislike, because I have to actually explain
to them that someone they trusted really was only out to get them.

So..thus the warnings - I hope they help those kinds of people.

Facter.

Active World's bait and switch operation

Apr 13, 2001, 11:53am
[View Quote] *shrugs*

Dont know where you get that idea, but as always, the illuminati will create
their own realities =)

Email support some time, you'll see how much I care about the users =P

Facter.

Active World's bait and switch operation

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C0C45F.CFA04BE0

Sure, heres the link to the website =3D)

http://www.sjgames.com/inwo/

F.

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C0C45F.CFA04BE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
<DIV>"the derek" &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:ImTheDerek at yahoo.com">ImTheDerek at yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:3AD7600D.4FFAE045 at yahoo.com">news:3AD7600D.4FFAE045 at yahoo.co=
m</A>...</DIV>
<DIV>what is with you and that card game? sheesh.. what is it anyway=20
<BR>ahhhhhhh this is driving me crazy tell me nowwww! <BR>hehehe =
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sure, heres the link to the website =3D)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.sjgames.com/inwo/">http://www.sjgames.com/inwo/</A></F=
ONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>F.</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01C0C45F.CFA04BE0--

AWLD glub glub glub...

Apr 13, 2001, 11:53am
*shakes his head*

You know, I play a card game called Illuminati - its just like this
newsgroup !!!

I'm thinking of creating a card for play based on it in fact =)

F.

[View Quote]

AWLD glub glub glub...

Apr 13, 2001, 11:35pm
[View Quote] Illuminti is already a collectors card game, and it was out way before
magic, and is, imho a much much more interesting game that magic - which
just went way too commercial =)

Its a Steve Jackson game - same guy that bought you alot of the fighting
fantasy books and things like car wars and such....it even has a set of card
for the Church of the Subgenius , its great =)

F.

SG-1 world?

Apr 30, 2001, 2:04am
Eep - i tried to find out, as you had asked me - i didnt have time to do so
on Friday when you did, was going to check it out for you on Monday - dont
be so impatient =P

F.

[View Quote]

crashing problems

May 28, 2001, 2:24pm
.....I thought you had told me you had fixed this problem ?

I must of misunderstood? We'll work on it on Tuesday...

F.

[View Quote]

An interesting question

Jun 23, 2001, 11:06am
So there is nothing at all then?

Well, thanks for your time - oh, and at this point in time,t he software
wouldnt exist without the company - so, does that mean you think that the
one good thing that AWCI is keep this software running 24/7, maintains it
for your use, keeps it floating ?

Dont be such a hippocrite =P

[View Quote]

An interesting question

Jun 23, 2001, 11:11am
> 2) Bots are nice, and very useful. They can't stay running 24/7 for most
> users though. :(

Well be having cheap bot hosting very soon =)

> 3) The free citizenships when you buy a world server (would eliminating
> the cit accounts bring down the cost of the server? If so, may be good as
> an optional plan)

I'm not sure. Its kind of moot anyways - you guys dont think that we know
that we dont in order to grow, even having a high world price is prohibitive
to gettting alrger populations? I wont say much more, but I will throw a
hint at you all to make you think - imagine if everyone when signing up for
the web, got their own small website.

> 4) You are making an effort to break down the barrier of "They never
listen
> to us." If this is working remains yet to be seen.

I dont know, I think it might be...

> 5) X objects. :)

Cheers.

> 6) Tech Talks (though their usefulness still remains to be seen, it lets
us
> know that we shouldn't be taking our frustrations with the browser out on
> Roland)

Yep, it is good that Roland does those.

> 10) Tech support maybe? I've never had to go to you for help. Yet. ;)
> So I don't really know. Perhaps some others could clarify this?

I think I'm pretty good at it, I get 98% of peoples problems solved =)

> Also, Moria made an interesting point about having a group, like the
> Peacekeepers, be the common user's voice in all things AW. This could be
> like a House of Representatives or something? Maybe it could go as far as
> to hold "elections" for the covetted 10-20 positions on that panel. Of
> course this would only work if AWCI did sponsor it, like it sponsors the
> Peacekeepers and various other groups. I can drop this into the
suggestions
> box if ya want. ;)

Its a good idea, and me and Flagg have been talking about this kind of thing
for a while...we'll see what we can come up with...

F.

An interesting question

Jun 23, 2001, 11:13am
*Sihg* I believe I did make myself rather clear..the majority of users dont
need to know every little technical detail when something is going on, but
there are some, alot of you included, that do. So, I put a short message on
the website, and I commented to all of you...

...it doesnt amtter, there willbe a full reporting news area on the new
aw.com site, so the point is moot.

F.

[View Quote]

An interesting question

Jun 23, 2001, 7:50pm
> Anyway, when's this new website coming? Sounds like it's going to have
lots of stuff on it.

The first part, will probably be up around July, it has a complete new style
, very much slimmed down and more corporate in feel, with a tech support
database, easier navigation and a couple other things, like the news and
such...

....then, once thats up, I begin work on my.activeworlds.com

...but thats not something I can talk about at the moment =)

F.

An interesting question

Jun 23, 2001, 7:55pm
It doesnt matter, your hell bent on disagreeing and putting me down at every
avenue you get, and your an "anti-cof"er, so nothing I say matters , I could
win a million dollars and you would probably still doubt everythintg I
said, merely because I work for them.

Its a shame some people have such closed minded attitudes. All I asked was
what have we done right, and I know for a fact there are ALOT of things we
HAVE done right - your saying there are none, well, its utterly ludicrous,
so I'm not even going to bother conversing with you anymore on this matter.

*shrugs*

F.

[View Quote]

1  ...  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  |